May the Memories Remain
Till a week before, I loved Chennai deeply. Till a week before, I dreaded the thought of leaving Chennai forever.
It's not that now I don't love it. I belong to it, and it belongs to me. The blood that flows in me carries the breath of Chennai. But it's just that, it has become a strange place to me now that most of my beloved people have left. As I sit on our favorite pink train, I'm unable to live the moments now that the people with whom I spent those moments aren't here anymore. It sucks.
Till a week before, I felt happy at the thought of getting admitted again in this city for Masters, but now I feel a huge void. A void that can never be filled. Perhaps it was for this reason that I got to be among the last of us to leave Chennai. Maybe, back then I didn't understand that the people I love made this city beautiful, and that now they are no more here, this city doesn't make sense. I cannot imagine myself creating new memories here. I want those little memories with my best friends to remain here. May that be a remainder. Like a trail left in the sky by a jet plane. Or like a deep mark which can never be erased. I pray that Chennai holds these memories so that if we come back ever again together, we would again be able to make life out of this city which now seems dull to me. I don't wish to attach or create any new memories here. I long to leave. Because now, the sun is no longer bright. Rain hasn't left this place since they left. And the void in me has grown. But, what life has in store for me is yet unknown.
- Vinaya Mary

Ah! You people 🥺... The very first and important things I am gonna miss there.
ReplyDelete