Aches That Never Cross Paths
I fall into a heap, with pieces unsettled.
My veins crack
And thunderstorms play their strings
Broken, detached and wounded from within.
Through this explosion seeps in
Silent numbness, like an honest thief
Picking at the fallen crumbs of
Heaviness that stays despite its own weight.
Somebody's knocking at my door,
Waiting for a chance to get in
But I numbly keep my door closed
Scared to let the hurt in again
Scared to see my walls cracking
And moths eating up the crestfallen chests
That hide my deep insecurities
And hushed vulnerabilities
No more can I bear to wound the inner
Sanctums, perhaps by the same person,
My veins crack
And thunderstorms play their strings
Broken, detached and wounded from within.
Through this explosion seeps in
Silent numbness, like an honest thief
Picking at the fallen crumbs of
Heaviness that stays despite its own weight.
Somebody's knocking at my door,
Waiting for a chance to get in
But I numbly keep my door closed
Scared to let the hurt in again
Scared to see my walls cracking
And moths eating up the crestfallen chests
That hide my deep insecurities
And hushed vulnerabilities
No more can I bear to wound the inner
Sanctums, perhaps by the same person,
Again.
One side of my heart's fighting this
Numbness, this stone cold demeanor
This other face of fear, this rust that
Has been colouring my senses
And eating away a part of me, for a while.
One side of my heart's fighting this
Numbness, this stone cold demeanor
This other face of fear, this rust that
Has been colouring my senses
And eating away a part of me, for a while.
The other side is fighting a different pain.
It's a pain that seeps in, blowing hot waves
That burns the veins time and again
A pain of longing for the apparently lost
A pain of uncertainty, of the unknown
Of not being able to access the fiercely
Locked chapters of that colourful book,
The most colourful book I've ever read.
The one that means the world to me
Playing hide and seek through the
Never ending maze, the end of which is
It's a pain that seeps in, blowing hot waves
That burns the veins time and again
A pain of longing for the apparently lost
A pain of uncertainty, of the unknown
Of not being able to access the fiercely
Locked chapters of that colourful book,
The most colourful book I've ever read.
The one that means the world to me
Playing hide and seek through the
Never ending maze, the end of which is
Ambiguity.
I knock at that door, to decipher this
Unexplained silence, tapping at the locks
Careful enough not break the hinges
But all that approaches me are waves of
Silence, that hit the rock bottoms of my
Mind, creating holes that fill up the pain.
The pain grows, day by day, till it reaches
The throat, choking air streams that wait
To escape and merge with the storms outside.
Here I am, sitting on edges, with the
Misty air dashing across my face and deep
Into my senses, in the open terrace
That overlooks
The lighted bar club filled with music and dance
The Protestant church that gets ready for
Tomorrow's Sunday Mass in great vigour
And the endless stretch of building blocks,
Roads and towers that adorn these
City outskirts, fresh and vibrant unlike
The tiring heart that droops with seething pain.
There's nothing I can do, than to war with words
And try scribbling out this pain that crushes me
Pouring out the numbness, the love and the torment
Hoping for an answer among these self knit words
Knowing not what to do, and what should not be done
Tears falling in sudden jerks from the depths
And the heart tied to a knot
Which only the lost can untie
So I wait endlessly, without hope.
Numbness is a full stop.
A big full stop.
But love knows no bounds, and so does pain.
- Vinaya Mary
16.09.23

Comments
Post a Comment